Camon Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Music Event]Intro

+3
Entranced
Admin
7 posters

Go down

[Music Event]Intro Empty [Music Event]Intro

Post by Admin Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Listen to music all the time? Swear it keeps you alive? Bring it wherever you go? Well test your mettle!

Every Monday, a video clip containing a part of a song will be posted. The video will not be part of the music video, nor will it contain any type of lyrics.

Your job is to guess what song it is, and who made it! You only have one chance though. Any edits, or guess related posts after your first post, will disqualify you for that week. Threads will be locked each Sunday night, and the first person who has posted the right song title and artist will win 2 coin pouches and 2 Guild Points. (These will be saved until you can use them in game. In a case of a 2nd CBT, you may choose to save them until OBT.) Who would give up the chance to win up to 500k?

Songs will get harder or easier, depending on how well you guys have done the week before.

New rule: Winners may not win twice in a row.

Good luck!

[Music Event]Intro Music_notes
Admin
Admin
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

http://www.camonheroes.com

Back to top Go down

[Music Event]Intro Empty Re: [Music Event]Intro

Post by 411662 Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:55 pm

lol, event idea's good, but if u think about it a little bit xP, some ppl -like me- will never, in my entire life, recognize a song by any group who's not from japan, korean, chinese, (or swis... 4 some reason =.=;Wink
this type of event's basically me asking you what song was used in this vid, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgQ6P_qPmhQ&fmt=22 , or just find a song randomly in ma database which no one in the world except like maybe 5000 people will ever recognize =x
level 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Entranced Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:20 pm

but the point is we only put up songs that most people know.
Entranced
Entranced
LoreKeeper
LoreKeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by 411662 Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:42 pm

anyways, all im saying is there are too many variables, o-o ppl in 1 area may only know music of a couple hundred bands, how many r out there, millions?
=o for an event such as this to ever work, u\'d have to choose music that was global, and not just in 1 area, and also a piece of music that\'s global to u, may only mean 1 continent and 50% of the population with it to someone else.... >.>
-after looking a bit- yeah... all the current music that was chosen was basically 4 generic populations online, south america, north america, europe, russia, and basically at most 0.3-2% of the ppl,

o and to respond to ur comment, the ONLY and i mean ONLY english song im 100% sure everyone in my community knows, is O Canada, Original version

other than that, i can bet u $1000 that only 5-10 ppl in my entire school would ever even have heard of those songs

true, the scarborough, north york, and markham communities in toronto have some who know, but as i said, it ranges from community to community, as an example, my school in general's grade 12 community knows nickleback, and grade 11, 10, and 9 knows linkin park, a school just 3 blocks away is full of FTS and flash game players while also having a community loving yugioh and english manga >.> ontop of that, around a 0.01-0.5% of ppl who know about touhou, yet on top of that, if i drive 11h south to where a friend of mine lives in New York, the population there where she lives are filled with generally all play CS, well the male community anyways, and for the female community, there's ppl basically in love with pink things >.>
if i go to downtown, toronto, it's even worse, the anime community there's better than where i am right now, but they all watch naruto >.>, and it's more of a diversity there, Anyways, it all depends on where u are,
heh, lets just say, no matter what u choose, there'll still be a lot of ppl who've never even heard of it, that's normal, but the problem which im saying is, the type of music ur choosing currently, is ALL in english....

lets see.... the only english songs i know.... : the national anthem, some songs by likin park, "as long as you love me" by someone i forgot, "bucket full of sunshine" by someone i forgot, a few backstreetboys songs, and simple plan.... that's IT and i KNOW im not the only ones,

Entranced wrote:
but the point is we only put up songs that most people know.
you can never say most, count the population, how many ppl really know? here it's around idk, 20% right now? maybe just like 5 ppl who share the same taste? if the guild was to grow, these events would be completely thrown off? the song u posted, u think most ppl will know it? how many ppl do you possibly know who'll listen to it, i know none, why? cause it's just u ppl,
if ur gonna say most, u'll have to make sure currently that over 50 ppl in this guild knows the song, cause most means more than half,
can u be sure? definitly not,

what else is there to cover.... there's no song that's known by everyone, that's all i have to say... there's no song that MOST ppl know, unless u can be sure 3 billion ppl in the world know the song,
lets try limiting to north america, can u be sure most of anyone living in north america know a song? of course there'll be the national anthem, what else is there? does everyone watch what u watch? does everyone listen to what u listen to? it's an impossibility since everyone's unique

that was my whole point, i have no idea where any song posted except by me, squidy, and fanzhon posted.

Edit: seriously, the only "Tune" (not even a song, but just a tune" that almost everyone knows in the backside of the otaku community is U.N. Owen
Edit 2: also note, english might be one of the most learned languages in the world, which everyone HERE knows about, the most listened language in music around the world is NOT english but chinese and if ur gonna argue about it, 1/3 of the world's population's chinese, do u really think english songs are more popular? (more or so, asian languages > western language music BIG time.....)
level 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Flutter Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Reply to 41162(I'm not quoting an essay mind you >.>)+(too lazy to quote key points)

Guessing that we speak English, we listen to English songs? But meh, really now. If you live in the NA, you would clearly turn your radio on once in a while and crank that baby up. This forum community isn't really big as well, so your terms of global music where 3 billion people listen to it is going to be hard in general.

I'm not saying Asian songs are bad or anything, for I am Asian myself and do listen to them.

In conclusion, let's just say not every event is for everyone even if the admins tried to include everyone. I'm sure if the admins put up an Otaku event you'd get first place 41162, while others would have no clue what to do in that event and rant Razz.

If you want to make this fair though, the admins can put up asian songs and maybe mix it up like every other week. However, this would mean that the admins would also have to put up other nationality songs for not everyone is that nationality.

Just getting my point through here, no hate intended. If I hurt you, I'll give you a hug right now and say sorry.
Flutter
Flutter
level 16

Back to top Go down

Post by 411662 Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:59 pm

that wasn't the whole point >.> im saying the idea of this event if thought out was something which wasn't really thought about, here's also something, what % of ppl listen to the radio anyways?, 2, just cause one speaks english, doesn't mean one speaks to english songs, 3, all im saying is they should mix this up, as to i know im not the only one thinking this has a problem in it, but im just the only one who posted something about it? lastly, na, u didn't hurt me =), and 5, ok now i nearly KNOW they'll never post an otaku related event, with entranced there, i'd probably never even see the day that will happen, maybe admin.... but anyone else, definitly no, and even if they DO, (after concidering) they'd probably do it on an anime which was FLAGGED and probably RAGED ABOUT by 70% or so of EVERY otaku community in the world, (includes Naruto as #1, after otaku community naming anyone who liked naruto "Narutards, bleach, one piece) or also something completely not considered anime anymore cause of dubbing. ok enough of that part..... 6. u think more than half the ppl know the songs they post here? 7. if they even want this to work in any way, they'd have to post songs of different language, different themes, different beat, different type, different everything in general every time..... currently, all i saw in the current music posted is a bunch of music WHICH PPL IN ONLY 1 TYPE OF COMMUNITY WOULD KNOW ABOUT ANYWAYS NORMALLY BASICALLY, and other communities would simply stumble onto it by luck >.> 8. after reading it a few times, i'd say they never put any thought into the event in general at first, >.>

now to say something against something u said =x...
u think admins'll put up an otaku event, right?
do u think that ANY of them know touhou? currently in the whole forums, there's only 3 ppl who could even bother to recite what a spell card is, and also, touhou isn't even part of the otaku community, touhou's part of the underworld of the otaku community....
and just another point, a max of 5 ppl here know how to distinguish a fujoshi from an otaku.... >.>

all i meant to say was, they should really think more about events.... one such as this, could have millions of possibilities, most of them would be for the worse

what else to write..... now to write something on " we speak English, we listen to English songs?" ....
let me ask u this, can u be sure, that most ppl these days in the technological age, even fumble with something as old as a radio? (what else is there, internet radio) isn't there better stuff u can do on the internet? (MTV or something) yes.... how many ppl actrually watch MTV? sure, they have millions of viewers, does it matter 1 bit??? toronto alone has 2.48 million people, and greater toronto area with 5.5million...., also, please note, that immigrants are taking over NA population wise. they bring along their music, and get exposed to english music, sure there are those who preffer english music over other languages, but also take in the fact that, hello, millions out there who don't,
>.>

<.<

>.>

<.<

sigh.... ppl and their music these days..... someone can just scream out their lungs and call it singing >.>
level 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Flutter Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:20 pm

So we all agree on mixing up genres allowing more variety for people with different tastes? - Yes

Case closed. xP
Flutter
Flutter
level 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Entranced Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:22 pm

First, don't insult people's taste of music, also take it up with tosai if you have a problem, as it is his event.
Entranced
Entranced
LoreKeeper
LoreKeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Napalmhit Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:27 pm

I don't believe that she was insulting people's taste of music.

A bit OT: Thought you left?
Napalmhit
Napalmhit
level 80

Back to top Go down

Post by 411662 Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:34 pm

stop assuming that every time i post some arguement, im insulting something!
examine the post, did i say anywhere, "other people's taste of music suck?"
did i imply that in any way? did i EVER?
i can probably see where ur looking at, any form of singing, it comes from screaming at least somewhere, RIGHT?
lets ask this, why are u assuming it?
and i know it's his event, but since u replied to my first post first, i was responding to u,
and question, why are you bothered? if it was his event, the first post wasn't even meant 4 u, almost the only reason anything else was posted afterwards was cause u said "most people know",
original point = needs more variety in language, the end, right?

and thanks napalm =)
level 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanzhon Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:41 am

lol @ 411662 - I like you =D

You seem to like arguing just as much as me ;D
Fanzhon
Fanzhon
level 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Td0ggk1llz Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Umm, so we all agreed on the main points... and the arguing continues. Hopefully this trend does not extend much longer.
Td0ggk1llz
Td0ggk1llz
Administrator
Administrator

http://Camonheroes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Napalmhit Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:54 pm

There's still arguing? o.o
Napalmhit
Napalmhit
level 80