Camon Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Summoner Summoner really viable ?

+6
Axolotl
AceTrainerK
Flutter
pikadusk
The.Neo
Deuskull
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Summoner Summoner really viable ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Summoner Summoner really viable ?

Post by Axolotl Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:04 am

pikadusk wrote:Well, I guess I'm kind of not use to indecisive people, seeing that I had my build out since the end of cbt.
Well, I used dual-bades in CBT until LV20. Then I decided that I wanted to main guns. the only issue is creating an effective build forusing a gun without having the game-time to test it out. I have to be completely sure on the stats I need to up, and when I need to up them.

I didn't start catering to my gun-use until LV20, so I have to basically think of a build up until that point that will work for guns.

Although, I'm not sure if I should focus on Dex or Str more, since I'm gonna have to start my character with dual-blades again since guns aren't a starting option at character creation. I'm thinking Dex mostly.
Axolotl
Axolotl
level 38

Back to top Go down

Is Summoner Summoner really viable ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Summoner Summoner really viable ?

Post by Deuskull Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:40 am

I don't really know what to do ...

Use a SS to have the maximum slots ever or use a FS to have some attacks with my guns ...
I'm afraid, if I take a SS that it's useless to have too many slots.
And I'm afraid, if I take a FighterSummoner, to have less slots and not the ability to summon all I want.

Help me !
I need the help of high-lvls during CBT about the slots of high boss cards (Is 100 enough, is 130 not enough ?)
Is Summoner Summoner really viable ? - Page 2 560528
Deuskull
Deuskull
level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by pikadusk Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:48 am

Ummm... I think the only high lvl existed, was during the alpha test and quit soon there after. Not that many people made it past lvl 30. Tosai only made it to lvl 28.
pikadusk
pikadusk
level 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Axolotl Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:06 am

Deuskull wrote:I need the help of high-lvls during CBT about the slots of high boss cards (Is 100 enough, is 130 not enough ?)
Is Summoner Summoner really viable ? - Page 2 560528
You can easily summon one or 2 high-level boss cards with 100 slots.
Axolotl
Axolotl
level 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaan Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:48 am

Yeah I can only see (SS) being really helpful in dungeons and raids, but you have no hope in PvP lol.
Vaan
Vaan
level 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Axolotl Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:55 am

Vaan wrote:Yeah I can only see (SS) being really helpful in dungeons and raids, but you have no hope in PvP lol.
Not true. There's a skill that allows a summoner to use one of their summons as a meat-shield, so if their HP drops to 0, the summon goes down instead.

And since a summoner can heal their summons , the other player may get bombarded with crazy buffed summons that won't go down while you annihilate them from afar.

It all depends on how you play the "class" (for the lack of a better word). I guess it's more like how you play your specialization.
Axolotl
Axolotl
level 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Deuskull Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:25 am

You can easily summon one or 2 high-level boss cards with 100 slots.

If it's true, I will do a SS.
And ... well ... by the way, I always play weak classes so I'm used to run ...
It won't be so dramatic.

The only problem will be the fact to drop these High-lvl Boss cards (but I count on you all fellow-members of Camon Heroes ).
Is Summoner Summoner really viable ? - Page 2 158590

Fraca, Tosai, an answer about the slots needed for high-levels cards ?
Deuskull
Deuskull
level 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Fracouille Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:07 pm

Summoner / Summoner is only good in PVM but pvp is not very powerful.
Fracouille
Fracouille
level 8

Back to top Go down

Post by AceTrainerK Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:51 pm

PvP in point & click mmos suck anyway IMO. So I'll be happy being godly at PvM.
AceTrainerK
AceTrainerK
level 38

https://www.facebook.com/AceTrainerK

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Hmm... maybe i make a summoner...
DarkAngel
DarkAngel
level 47

Back to top Go down

Post by AceTrainerK Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:31 pm

DarkAngel wrote:Hmm... maybe i make a summoner...

What kind of Summoner Is Summoner Summoner really viable ? - Page 2 935357
AceTrainerK
AceTrainerK
level 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Flutter Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:40 pm

I'm going to list the Pros and Cons for Gun/Bow FS compared to SF build. (I'm not doing SS because I find it stupid to go down this path with a bow/gun.)

FS

Pros:
- Strong summons
- More summons allowed
- Able to buff summons
- Able to heal summons
- Able to debuff enemies' moving speed
- Better moving speed skill
- Able to tank with summons

Cons:
- Less HP
- Less Attack Power
- Can't self buff
- Weakest attacker in parties

SF

Pros:
- More HP
- More Attack Power
- Strong AOE skills
- Crazy self buff (Crit/Attack Speed/Movement/Attack/Evasion)
- Self Heal Skill
- Able to solo mobs better
- Above average attacker in parties

Cons:
- Less summon slots
- Can't buff/heal summons
- Harder to self-tank
- Weaker speed buff
- Can't debuff enemy movement speed
- Weaker summons

EDIT: You might be able to use 1-H skills due to your APs being in STR/VIT, allowing for defense buffs so you won't die that easy. It would be like a lvl 1 1-H sword, since the skill has nothing to do with the lvl of the weapon.
Flutter
Flutter
level 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Axolotl Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Yeah, I think I'll go SF in that case, haha.

EDIT: If I build in STR/VIT, I'd wanna have a lot of points in DEX as well, since I love a high attack speed.

Last edited by Axolotl on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Axolotl
Axolotl
level 38

Back to top Go down

Post by AceTrainerK Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:44 pm

I'll stick to my S/S with 1H Support Cool
AceTrainerK
AceTrainerK
level 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Flutter Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Axolotl wrote:Yeah, I think I'll go SF in that case, haha.

EDIT: If I build in STR/VIT, I'd wanna have a lot of points in DEX as well, since I love a high attack speed.

DEX is needed to use gun/bows, but the attack power comes from STR. I suggest minimum VIT for your weapon and 3:2 build STR:DEX maybe?
Flutter
Flutter
level 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Axolotl Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:23 pm

Flutter wrote:
Axolotl wrote:Yeah, I think I'll go SF in that case, haha.

DEX is needed to use gun/bows, but the attack power comes from STR. I suggest minimum VIT for your weapon and 3:2 build STR:DEX maybe?
Right, originally on my CBT character I had DEX and STR almost even, but I think I ent higher DEX to get in more attacks faster. My VIT was the least.
Axolotl
Axolotl
level 38

Back to top Go down

Post by The.Neo Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think this class is so weak...i juste think
The.Neo
The.Neo
level 53

http://camonheroes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Axolotl Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:31 am

The.Neo wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think this class is so weak...i juste think
Every "class" has its own good and bad points.
Axolotl
Axolotl
level 38

Back to top Go down

Post by The.Neo Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:02 pm

Axolotl wrote:
The.Neo wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think this class is so weak...i juste think
Realy...Because I know that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The.Neo
The.Neo
level 53

http://camonheroes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AceTrainerK Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:41 pm

In PvP yes but PvE Summoner is king Cool
AceTrainerK
AceTrainerK
level 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Axolotl Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:23 pm

The.Neo wrote:
Axolotl wrote:
Realy...Because I know that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Well you kind of said that SS is weak... I was just bringing up common knowledge in why it will probably end up not so weak.
Axolotl
Axolotl
level 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Fracouille Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:33 pm

In fact, summoner summoner yeah is powerful in PVM and is also very useful in farming, and perfect while you can't be in front of your computer all the time.Very useful when you watch a movie ,nearby.
Also killing weak monster with summon, make the monster drops their item.Past a high level and killing weak monster with your character make the monster drop nothing.

After if you want to get a boss item while you beeing ks by a fighter for exemple. I don't really know who while get the item while fighter deal massif damages compare to a summoner summoner.
Fracouille
Fracouille
level 8

Back to top Go down

Post by AceTrainerK Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:52 pm

It has been said time & time again that S/S is the undisputed PvM king Cool
AceTrainerK
AceTrainerK
level 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum